Axolotl Friend Mens Art T-shirts (Gildan)
We love this guy! The axolotl is actually seriously endangered in its native habitat, and work in Mexico is going on right now to try to clean up the lakes and waterways where they live. It is estimated that there are as few as 100 left in the wild, because pollution and the introduction of hostile non-native species of fish to their native waters have wreaked havoc with the wild population. Conservationists have done a lot of work to rescue them in reserves, and to breed them as exotic pets to keep them alive.
Axolotls were some of the first people to come up out of the primordial ooze and step foot on land. They have amazing regenerative properties and have also been bred for many years as part of traditional folk medicine in Mexico. These special properties have made them of great interest to modern scientific researchers, as they not only are capable of regenerating 100% of their bodies (including organs, bones, etc.), but they are also capable of receiving transplanted organs and tissues without rejection.
Folklore relating to these amazing little smiley creatures goes back through the Aztec civilisation, and probably even before. They are associated with the god Xolotl, who escorts the Sun through the darkness of the underworld every night, so that it can be reborn and give new life to the world every morning.
We hope this kind and colourful little guy will bring you and those around you good cheer, happy times, and the resilience to withstand the challenges that face you throughout the day.
So many colours! This t-shirt even comes in brown!
- 150 g/m2 (4.5 oz per sq yd). 100% Cotton Preshrunk Ring Spun Jersey Knit.
- Seamless double stitched 2cm neckband - not a floppy thing, it holds it's shape well, even after constant wear and washing.
- Taped neck and shoulders for comfort and to keep it looking smart.
- Double-stitched sleeves and bottom hems for strength and durability. You can do anything in this shirt (well, don't wrestle alligators in it, maybe, but then that would tear just about any cotton t-shirt).
- Quarter-turned for a supremely neat finish. Seriously, these are well made.
Available Sizes: S,M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL.
These are standard US sizes, but please be sure to order the right size, to avoid disappointment (check out the size chart in the photos at the top. Sizes are listed in inches.)